This question has been flagged
6 Replies

How do I execute javascript in qweb? I read through the documentation and it mentioned a t-js tag. But I can't get it to work.

I have created a table in a qweb report. But if the table cannot fully fit onto one page, I need to insert a page-break before the table. Therefore, it becomes a conditional page-break. For this I need to obtain the height of the table. One technique is through javascript:

var table = document.getElementById("tableId");

alert(table.offsetHeight);

I need to execute these lines in QWeb, and then I also need to pass the value of the offset height  from javascript to a qweb variable. Is this possible?

I find QWeb to be a powerful tool for dynamic HTML generation, but sadly, the documentation is very poor.

Discard

I would also love to know how to accomplish this. I believe javascript can be the answer to my question posted here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/qweb-drop-trailing-0s-after-decimal-73314

I've just bumped into the same issue. Per the documentation, it is clear that placing "t-js" node inside the template does exactly what you require (https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/reference/qweb.html). However, as I try it, it just 'prints' the javascript code into the pdf report (¿?), as if it were any regular html tag. Have any of you had any luck with this matter?

Did you ever solve this?

Best Answer

i solved it with <scriptlanguage="javascript"type="text/javascript">

Discard
Best Answer

I am also trying to find a solution for this, can anyone help ?

Discard
Best Answer

In the Odoo Studio : studio_customization where you add the <xpath> elements, inside /t or /t/t
 (<xpath expr="/t/t" position="inside">)
you can ad a script tag just as in html
<script>

//Javascript code

</script>
You can access the DOM and do many other things this way

Discard
Best Answer

guys, did you solve this? if not, you go like this:

<t t-jquery="[t-set*='columns_count']" t-operation="replace">
<t t-js="ctx">
var table = document.getElementById("tableId");

alert(table.offsetHeight);

</t>
<t t-if="show_order_numbers">
</t>
I have put t-jquery just that you know that t-js must go in there, but the value of t-jquery depends where you want to insert your js code.....
Discard
Best Answer

Same issue, did anyone manage to solve this ?

Discard
Best Answer

Discard