This question has been flagged
7 Replies

When you create new products in openerp v7 with the duplicate funnction it seems to copy the 1th discription of the product.

The problem is when I change the product name it has no effect on the description in the reports (ie offer, invoice) and there is no field to edit the description. Any help here ??

Discard

Please don't use capitals in the question. And if you have 2 questions, make two questions.

I also facing this issue on Odoo13, the product descriptions on invoices are different from the product name, and it followed the old product name before I duplicate the product.

Have you or anyone know how to figure out this issue?

Many thanks before ^_^

Best Answer

You are probably working in multi-languages. Some fields, like the product name and the sale description are translatable. When you duplicate a product, you copy the product name and description in all languages. When you edit your product description, you change only one language (the one of the current user).

If you do a quotation to a customer working in another language, it uses the un-modified description. You should click on the Flag icon in the product description field to translate your product in every languages.

Discard
Author

The problem is that I didn't add a description on the product edit file. It automaticly created one using the product name, reference and variants and when you duplicate it adds (copy). I can't see the original description in the product edit form. How can I make this visible. (i'm using V7). In V6.1 this was not an issue.

Author

I've deleted all other languages because of what you said. Still there is some really wierd behavior for the description. There is a difference in what is displayed in the product edit form and what is displayed on the invoice. I'm in language "Vlaams" and deactivated the other languages.

This is totally bizarre behaviour of V7. Why would you want to create a duplicate product that was the same, but with a different translation? Why not just add a translation and make duplicate what it really should be. I consider this to be a bug within V7. The effect is that you cannot change a product name if you duplicate it without export, change and import. There is nowhere in the documentation that describes this. The fundamental problem is that duplication saves immediately and before edit. Come on OpenERP - sort these bugs out.

same maybe here: when I duplicate a product (made a template for me) I can change all descriptions in the frontend, first time I struggled was when I did a search an the when I made an export, the original descriptions are still stored in some fields of the database, why? how to prevent this?