This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Odoo 11. In the chatter dialog beneath a record, all the logs (from Log Note) are ordered by id. This is defined on the mail.message model:

```

class Message(models.Model):

""" Messages model: system notification (replacing res.log notifications),

comments (OpenChatter discussion) and incoming emails. """

_name = 'mail.message'

_description = 'Message'

_order = 'id desc'

```

Is there a way to order this by date? Simply inheriting the model and setting the _order did not work. eg. this is what I thought would work:

```

class Message(models.Model):

_inherit = 'mail.message'

_order = 'date desc'

```

Considering chatter has some Javascript involvement, I imagine there may be somewhere to change this in the javascript layer?

Thank you in advance! 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

I managed to do that the following way:

1. What you want is to modify the function _fetchDocumentMessages in JS file chat_manager.js from native 'mail' addon, in ChatManager class. Instead of sort by message id, you want to sort by date :

_fetchDocumentMessages : function (ids, options) {
var loaded_msgs = _.filter(messages, function (message) {
return _.contains(ids, message.id);
});
var loaded_msg_ids = _.pluck(loaded_msgs, 'id');

options = options || {};
if (options.force_fetch || _.difference(ids.slice(0, LIMIT), loaded_msg_ids).length) {
var ids_to_load = _.difference(ids, loaded_msg_ids).slice(0, LIMIT);

return this._rpc({
model: 'mail.message',
method: 'message_format',
args: [ids_to_load],
context: session.user_context,
})
.then(function (msgs) {
var processed_msgs = [];
_.each(msgs, function (msg) {
processed_msgs.push(add_message(msg, {silent: true}));
});
return _.sortBy(loaded_msgs.concat(processed_msgs), function (msg) {
//CUSTOM HERE: sort by date instead of id in native
return msg.date;
});
});
} else {
return $.when(loaded_msgs);
}
},

2. Thing is, the way ChatManager is defined, you cannot properly inherit it in your custom module (I can't explain exactly why, i am not JS expert)... In this case I found out it is not possible to use a "include" as usually done to overwrite only a JS class method.

3. So I copied / paste the whole chat_manager.js file from 'mail' module to my custom module, and made the previous modification in my pasted file

4. Then i told odoo to replace the native file by mine, by putting in the xml (note the expr in xpath and 'replace' position):

<template id="assets_backend" name="sort message by date assets" inherit_id="web.assets_backend">
<!--unable to inherit javascript properly. So whole script is replaced here-->
<!--see https://www.odoo.com/fr_FR/forum/aide-1/question/how-inheritance-of-a-js-mail-chat-manager-130963-->
<xpath expr="//script[@src='/mail/static/src/js/chat_manager.js']" position="replace">
<script src="/your_custom_module/static/src/js/chat_manager.js" type="text/javascript"/>
</xpath>

</template>
Discard

Yeah that is perfect solution for Odoov11 but I'm looking for version 13 can you please guide me how to do that..because there is no file in 'mail' as chat_manager.js

Hi are you able to solve this in version 13?