This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I am using the Community Edition version 13. I set up my first BoM as a test and used an inventory item with a Bigger Ratio of 8000. I then realized I needed to change the ratio to 4800, but when I try to do this I get: "You cannot change the ratio of this unit of mesure as some products with this UoM have already been moved or are currently reserved."

I have not created any kind of Manufacturing Order, just the BoM, as I am just beginning to set things up. I even deleted the BoM, thinking this might be the problem, but that did not help. The issue seems tied to the fact that I gave this product a placeholder quantity and thus created a "Product Move", but I am not sure. I updated the quantity to zero but that also didn't help.

Currently I can't change the ratio, I can't delete and recreate the product, I can't do anything to fix this. How did this happen and what is the right way to fix it?

Thanks.

Discard
Author Best Answer

(This was not really an answer. Sorry.)

Discard
Best Answer

It is exactly as the error message says. Check the product moves and reservations and try to delete them. Otherwise you could archive the products and create new ones.

Discard
Author

Thank you for your response. The thing I am failing to understand is how a product move was created in the first place.

I created some products to add to a BoM, gave them a dummy quantity and built a BoM. When I went back to adjust one of the UoM settings, I got stuck in this morass. Is the issue that one cannot adjust UoM settings once an inventory exists?

I am unable to delete the product moves. I receive the message "You can not delete product moves if the picking is done. You can only correct the done quantities." How was the picking done? I really thought I hadn't initiated any steps in the manufacturing process besides creating products for a BoM and the BoM itself. I know I don't understand something here, but I'm not sure what it is.

(Also, sorry for posting this as an "answer" and then as a comment on my question. I am just getting used to how this works.)

We are having the same issue, but it also says "You can only correct the done quantities." How do I correct the done quantities? My only action option is delete. Is the edit option available from another screen?