How to use the OpenOffice Report Designer ( base_report_designer ) on the SaaS with XML-RPC Secure
Since beginning of June 2013 , I cannot connect anymore my OpenOffice Report Designer to my SaaS instance. Can you help me?
Since beginning of June 2013, we are using the protocol XML-RPC Secure to connect the OpenOffice Report Designer to the OpenERP Online instances.
Here are the steps you need to follow to use the new plugin:
- 0a) Don't forget to add a password to your user ( cf question 4900 )
- 0b) Don't forget that this plugin works with OpenOffice and with Libreoffice until V3.6 , but not with Libreoffice V4.0+
- 1) In your instance , go to Settings/Modules/base_report_designer, click on "upgrade"
- 2) In your instance, go to Settings/Configuration Wizards/OpenERP Report Designer Installation/Set as To Do/Launch/Download the file.
- 3) Rename your file by adding ".zip" at the end of the file name
- 4) In OpenOffice, (Tools/Extension manager) disable the existing extension
- 4b) If necessary, delete manually the plugins from the application data (google..)
- 5) Restart OpenOffice
- 6) In OpenOffice, (Tools/Extension manager) Add the new extension file
- 7) Restart Openoffice
- 8) In Openoffice Report Designer/Server parameters ; fill in with the following settings: Server: YOUR_INSTANCE.my.openerp.com Port: 443 Protocol: XML-RPC secure
- 9) Continue with the same steps as before ( type in the name of your instance )
I hope it will help you.
- How to remove "Manage Databases"
- How does notifications, Inbox, To:Me, and Todo mailboxes work?
- How to define the thousands separator?
- How to be in a document's followers ?
- Which information is public in the messaging system on the bottom of documents?
- How does karma work? (odoo v8 forum software)
- How to use custom fonts in RML reports?
- Odoo Apps, Modules & Licensing FAQ
- how do I set the default value for a field from the web interface?
- How to use dynamic dates in my filters? e.g. deadline date = today in project tasks
- How do I create a Partner who is a Company with several Contacts or Addresses?
- How can I create a customer with several contacts?
- How do I delete a saved filter?