how do I set the default value for a field from the web interface?
In v6.1, the link to set a default value was in the contextual menu of the model. Where has this feature gone in v7?
First, you have to activate the 'developer mode'.
- Click on your name on the upper right corner
- Click on 'About OpenERP'
- Click on 'Activate the developer mode'
See 'How can I activate the developer mode' for more details.
Now, you should see a selection box on the top of each form (above the edit/create buttons). An entry of this selection box is 'Set Defaults'.
You need to display the form view of a record to see it. The selected record should have the value you want as a default.
In the 'Set Defaults' form, you are able to choose the value from the current form which you want as a default value. You can also choose if it is applicable to all users or only to you.
- How to remove "Manage Databases"
- How does notifications, Inbox, To:Me, and Todo mailboxes work?
- How to define the thousands separator?
- How to be in a document's followers ?
- Which information is public in the messaging system on the bottom of documents?
- How does karma work? (odoo v8 forum software)
- How to use custom fonts in RML reports?
- Odoo Apps, Modules & Licensing FAQ
- How to use the OpenOffice Report Designer ( base_report_designer ) on the SaaS with XML-RPC Secure
- How to use dynamic dates in my filters? e.g. deadline date = today in project tasks
- How can I create a customer with several contacts?
- How do I create a Partner who is a Company with several Contacts or Addresses?
- How do I delete a saved filter?