why dummy field used in product.product
How and when is dummy field used and can you explain in detail about dummy field.
The dummy field is defined in product.product object as:
'pricelist_id': fields.dummy(string='Pricelist', relation='product.pricelist', type='many2one'),
also why use dummy when you can use many2one field like:
Thanks in advance
fields.dummy is like fields.function, but always return null value, when you read or when you search.
Dummy fields can be used for backward compatibility. E.g. you don't need pricelist_id field anymore, but some other modules have a reference to this field. So, instead of deleting field, you can replace one to dummy field.
- What documentation is available for odoo?
- The different "openerp model inheritance" mechanisms: what's the difference between them, and when should they be used ?
- What is the different between col and colspan?
- How can I activate the developer mode?
- How i can create module openerp 7 / Odoo 8 ?
- How css and js inheritance works on Odoo v8?
- How to run tests
- How to display database name without debug mode?
- Relative Date (today, this month, e.g.) in Filter
- How to disable developer mode or debugging feature in openerp 7
- Hide menu for existing group
- How to show Thumbnail image in list view?
- Please define these Python Fetch types
- What is the _track proprerty of mail.thread model used for ?
- How to add a custom css?
- How to move around workflow states back and forth?
- Setting up rules' Access Right in xml,csv files
- Anyone has realized a locking functionality?
- How to override a global function?
- Show Account Number(Partial or Semi Visible Number) Formatting in OpenERP 7.0
- how to override name_get method in new api
- How to extend fields.selection options without overwriting them?
- How to enable a security group for all users?
- How to detect which modules are installed
- How to handle reading and writing to read-only fields
- Details and examples on the accounting API?
- How to debug Odoo in Eclipse under Winows?
- Whats the difference between inherit and inherits?
- What should onchange methods do and return?