How to enable a security group for all users?
I created a new group via XML for access rights management
<record model="res.groups" id="group_no_open_procurement">
<field name="name">Only Tree view for procurement</field>
I need to enable this group for all the users by code itself and not manually changing @ User window. How should I proceed?
Add your new group to the inherited_ids of base.group_user.
Either in the web client, or in via your security xml file:
<record id="base.group_user" model="res.groups">
<field name="users" eval="[(4, ref('base.user_root'))]"/>
<field name="implied_ids" eval="[(4, ref('group_no_open_procurement'))]"></field>
This might be easier and adds your group to all existing users aswell (not just new ones), but I think prakashs suggestion is the cleaner way.
- What documentation is available for odoo?
- The different "openerp model inheritance" mechanisms: what's the difference between them, and when should they be used ?
- How can I activate the developer mode?
- What is the different between col and colspan?
- How i can create module openerp 7 / Odoo 8 ?
- How css and js inheritance works on Odoo v8?
- How to run tests
- How to display database name without debug mode?
- How to disable developer mode or debugging feature in openerp 7
- How to show Thumbnail image in list view?
- Relative Date (today, this month, e.g.) in Filter
- Please define these Python Fetch types
- Hide menu for existing group
- What is the _track proprerty of mail.thread model used for ?
- why dummy field used in product.product
- How to add a custom css?
- How to move around workflow states back and forth?
- Anyone has realized a locking functionality?
- How to override a global function?
- Setting up rules' Access Right in xml,csv files
- Show Account Number(Partial or Semi Visible Number) Formatting in OpenERP 7.0
- how to override name_get method in new api
- How to extend fields.selection options without overwriting them?
- How to detect which modules are installed
- Details and examples on the accounting API?
- How to handle reading and writing to read-only fields
- How to debug Odoo in Eclipse under Winows?
- Whats the difference between inherit and inherits?
- What should onchange methods do and return?