How can I reconcile general accounts from my bank statement?
I have for instance cash deposits that are already reconciled with invoices. How can I reconcile the general account concerned - which is not linked to a partner - from my bank statement?
In the new Bank Statement Reconciliation (V8) you have the ability to reconcile other accounts than receivable and payable ones. For those accounts you need to reconcile (without adding a partner in the bank statement), you just have to tick Allow Reconciliation for the account concerned (menu Accounting > Configuration > Accounts > Accounts).
When you encode (or import) the bank statement, leave the partner empty in the bank statement line concerned. When you click the Reconcile button, all the unreconciled entries for all accounts which allow reconciliation will be displayed (and not only payable/receivable). Then you can filter on the account code to make your searches faster. Select the counterpart to be reconciled by clicking the + in front of the line, then click OK. The entries will now be reconciled. This should solve the clearing accounts of card payments, deposits, etc.
When you return to the bank statement, you can click the Journal Items button to display all reconciliations made from this statement.
- How can I create a new financial year?
- How can I reconcile my bank statements?
- How can I split the costs of certain invoices over several periods?
- Do I have to create a chart of accounts from scratch?
- How can I transfer my fiscal year's balances from my previous accounting package to my new financial year in Odoo?
- How can I transfer my fiscal year's balances to my new financial year?
- How can I create a new Account?
- How can I update my invoice and other entry numbering in Odoo?
- How can I create a second chart of accounts for reporting purposes?