This question has been flagged
2 Replies

From the Odoo website, I can see odoo packages available for version 10 as follows.

1. Windows

2. Ubuntu . Debian

3. RPM

4. Source

From those options, I assumed RPM package will be appropriate for MAC platform, however I was unable to install on MAC machine, like the way it happens in Windows.

Note: Am not looking for developer set-up [i.e Source Install], but exe-file-windows like setup [i.e Packaged Installers] in MAC, is it possible to install that way, Or do I need to set-up Source-Install/developer version.

Any help appreciated.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Well finally proceeded with "Source Install" (i.e developer/source file) installation method (wish I had choice to install using "Packaged installers")

However I retrieved the packages from Github, (had less luck on those downloaded rpm packages)

This below video was a big help, although it needs couple of steps that needs to be included, but overall was good info.

How to install Odoo 10 on Mac - step by step

Note: Before proceeding to step 7, in which requirement.txt would be installed, Install python3 if not installed already

P.S. So finally I got Odoo 11 running successfully in my MAC :)

Discard
Best Answer

Hi deep:) Happy to see you are recommending my tutorial. There is also additional, easier way of doing it - with use of Docker (https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/). As different versions of Odoo are using different Python/Postgres it is nice to run every instance in its own container. That provides an autonomic ecosystem for every Odoo instance, so there wouldn't be any incompatibilities.

Discard
Author

My Pleasure, but it was really a good video, with clear steps :) thank you for sharing..