This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hi everyone,

I followed the steps in openerp 7 to install the addon for thunderbird 17.0.4. But I can't seem to set the server settings (even with clicking select -> set the values in there). No matter what, the server field will always be blank. Because I couldn't do this, I couldn't connect to server.

I tried to download the same plugin from trunk (part of launchpad), but still having same problem. This applies to 7.0 branch too.

After that, I removed that plugin from Thunderbird. Instead I searched in the Thunderbird addons website and installed the OpenERP addon 1.0.1. Surprisingly this one I could configure the server settings and then connected to the server. However push emails and create documents don't work so well. Some parts some don't. I assume this is probably dated. Example, create a new document for Partners will direct me to a blank page in openerp.

Is there a proper working OpenERP 7 addon for Thunderbird 17.0.4 (as for now, the latest version)?

Any help? Thanks.

Discard

Could you tell us which operating system + hardware you are using? (I've got the same problem as you on a macbook pro)

Best Answer

Hello, This was a bug posted in launchpad. lp:1097233 It has been fixed into branch (trunk-bug-1097233-nco) that was linked to bug.

It's working fine in thunderbird 17.0.5 version.

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

I am having the same problem too. May be the plugin is not complete.

Discard

I think that the plugin has not been updated for thunderbird 17.0.x, because it is still named OpenERP Plugin 1.0 instead of 1.x or 2.x, but i've seen the plugin working on thunderbird 15.0.x, so is updates trouble

Best Answer

Dear all see here: help.openerp.com/question/20978/how-to-configure-the-thunderbird-plugin/

plugin ver 1.0.1 it's working with thunderbird 17.0.7 openerp 7.0 over https (XML-RPCS)

Discard
Best Answer

Seems the latest openerp 7 stable build of thunderbird is using code that at least in thunderbird 17.0.7 is not supported, I think it is because mozilla changed how privileged access is done in extensions, I found that for us, removing the following line from every file it is in, and using the make file to build the xpi again, gets me a working plugin. It as least connects and pushes contacts and mails up etc.

Remove all founds cases of: netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege('UniversalXPConnect UniversalBrowserAccess'); from the js files, and build again, and try.

hope it helps.

Discard
Best Answer

After installing apache+ssl and making the redirection to use an XML-RPCS connection, the tryes to connect always return an empty database list. Already make an OpenERP update just in case looking for an update of the plugin, but see no differences.

Finally found the solution in the thunderbird repository ... the version 1.0.1 was available there and it works correctly.

Why this plugin it is not delivered with the latest openerp distro?

Many thanks.

Discard