This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

Is there really no way to apply general discount on order in POS? We have certain clients who buy with 10% or 5% discount. I know I can put it per product but what if they buy 100 products. Isn't it a big minus the lack of discount on Total?

It's great that I can change the current client by just scanning their Barcode but what does it profit if it doesn't use their pricelist?

So am I stuck trying to sell with discount or is there a way?

Btw. I was thinking it already calculates the prices using the pricelist of the current shop (when you enable multiple shops in settings). Is it gonna be so hard to do the same but taking the pricelist of the current client?

Discard
Best Answer

As far as I know you can specify a pricelist for a client. When the client is doing his order, that pricelist is used instead of the default pricelist.

I am in the process of setting up the following structure:

1. General sales list
  2. Country list (for every contry the company is having customers)
  3. Discount per country list

List 3 is pointing to the relevant country list2, which in its turn is pointing to the general sales list.

Example: I have a country sales list (level 2) 'Netherlands', which is pointing to general sales list. I hva a list (level 3) '5% discount Netherlands', which point to the country sales list 'Netherlands' I also have a list (level 3) '10% discount Netherlands', which also point to the country sales list 'Netherlands)'.

On the customer from The Netherlands with 5 % discount, I add the list '5% discount Netherlands', when the customer is having no discount, I add 'Netherlands' as default list.

In this way you can create multiple 5% discounts, one for each country you are having customers.

I hope you get my structure.

Setting up the structure might take some time, but once setup, there is not much to do. I have a script to setup a whole set of these things, which reads a csv-file to create everything. Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Discard
Author

Thanks for the answer but I think the POS frontend doesn't use Pricelist per customer. It is always stuck with the default pricelist for the POS. I can chose a client by scanning his EAN Barcode and i see the name appears but the same prices are used.

Best Answer

Take a look at this - https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/point_of_sale/advanced/manual_discount.html

KM

Discard