This question has been flagged
2 Replies

What is the best way to give the portal user access to the knowledge folder structure so each portal user can see his own folder with the documents fo him in them for example manuals and such

Discard
Best Answer

Portal users already have access rights to the Documents. Check the 'Access Rights' tab in 'Portal' group (Settings > Users > Groups). Search for ir.attachment and see if they have 'Read', 'Create' rights. In my case, Portal Users couldn't upload attachments unless they were granted 'Write' rights too.

By default, they'll see only attachments related to them (attachments of tasks assigned to them, attachments to claims, invoices, etc.).

Discard

It seems like they can still see all the documents, and the directories security settings doesn't work for me :( I set the portal user as a knowledge user

Remove the Knowledge group from their rights. This gives them rights to: - Read, create, modify and delete directories and documents. - Read, create and modify partners.

Portal users shall not be granted any other access groups. Add specific rights to the Portal Group. It is safer this way and prevent unforeseen rights.

Best Answer

Like Thibaud, my portal user can see every directories and documents.... Any idea?

More of that, why a user can't see a directory that its not the owner (ok logical) but why a portal user, with the same right that the user can see every thing ??? Is there a rule for portal that has priority on the simple user?

Discard