This question has been flagged
1 Reply

When doing jobs for customers (bathroom installations), we often buy materials on account with a supplier whilst on site. We email a copy of the advice note received back to the office and write on it to advise the sales department whether the materials shown are billable (+20% mark-up) in addition to the quoted job or if they are to be provided without additional charge (something we forgot to include).

As I understand it, the ideal method is to use a miscellaneous product (configured as a consumable, invoice ordered quantities). What I don't understand is the workflow. Ideally, as soon as the advice note is received I would enter a Purchase Order on the system, assign the PO line to the Job's Analytic Account (Project), dropship the items directly to the customer's address and validate the shipment.

However, from this process, there is no way to notify sales that any items need billing to the customer.  If purchase order lines are associated with an analytic account, is there no way to show them as awaiting assignment to a sales order within the associated project or with the associated customer? The pricelist would handle the mark-up of 20% for billable items or -100% to provide items Free Of Charge (configured as 2 different products - one billable, the other free)

Maybe I need to configure this as a stockable item or set the invoicing policy differently. This has really confused me. Any guidance would be really helpful.

Many thanks,

Laurence

Discard
Best Answer

Why aren't you making a sales order to dropship the products? If you make a SO and there is no stock in your inventory it will create a PO and if you have dropshipping enabled it will be delivered to the customer. 

Discard