This question has been flagged

Dear Odoo community

I was struggling with setting up Google Drive Integration. I figured out how to do it after watching the Venkat Venki's three part video series "Odoo Google Drive Integration"  https://youtu.be/PqCo9CRLuPQ

A few clarifications that I found confusing:

1. Install Google Drive app in Odoo

2. Go to Google Drive. Start out by creating a template file on Google Drive in the format of your choice (e.g. Google Docs). Select the file created and click on get shareable link. Make sure link sharing is on and set to anyone with the link can edit. Copy the link.

3. Click on Google Drive Templates link in General Settings and hit create. Type in Template Name (something meaningful to you). Select the model you want to use the template with (e.g. Employee). Paste the link from step 2 into Template URL field. Setup Google Drive Name Pattern - this will eventually automatically name the document clones from the template file created in step 2  on your Google Drive. The fields that can be used for the name pattern can be be looked up with the arrow on the right hand side of the selected Model.

4. Save 

5. Go to the application that corresponds with the model you selected in the template (e.g. Employees). Select an employee. Under the Action drop down you will see the template you created in step 3. Select it. After refresh you will see a file in the drop down Attachment(s). The file has a name in accordance with the Google Drive Name Pattern you defined in step 3. Click on it will open the file in Google Drive. It will be an exact clone of the template you created in step 2 and can now be edited / customized. 

6. You can repeate steps 2 to 5 for different templates.

I hope this post will help someone to setup fast and easy. Google Drive Integration with Odoo works great.

Best regards,

Thomas

Discard