This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Odoo v11 on my dev machine is not printing a custom pdf report with 20.000 lines of issued invoices.

I tested the printing with different amount of invoices from 1.000 to 10.000 lines with success. In fact, 10.000 lines of invoices takes about 2-3 minutes to print. Any of the subsequent tests from 11.000 to 20.000 lines of invoices doesn't print (only appears the loading message for a long time, even hours with no results).

Report has not images. Only has a table with lines, a header and footer. The test of 10.000 lines of invoices results in a report with 350 pages. But, when I test with 11.000 lines of invoices or higher it doesn't work. Printing so many data is important for us for printing entire year invoicing or VAT books for current year.

The specs of my dev machine are Core i5-3330 3.00GHz, 12 GB RAM DDR3 1333 MHz and SATA 3 hard drive.

Any suggestions on how to improve the performance of wkhtmltopdf to render tons of data?

Thanks in advance!

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

it is not about increasing performance, but about finishing long processes.

Try to increase time-outs for Odoo operations. For example, add In the configuration file:

limit_time_real = 6000

Have a look at quite old, but in the most cases topical, explanations of conf params: https://www.vionblog.com/openerp-server-conf-for-openerp-7-explained/. Here are other limits which by default might block certain operations

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks a lot. I'm giving it a try, but for the moment is not working. May be, is needed to set another additional parameters?

Your answer makes a lot of sense, because 10.000 lines works and takes around 2 minutes for printing. I have the feeling that with higher number of lines takes more than 2 minutes and Odoo is blocked.

Discard