This question has been flagged

i have made a mistake and make a wrong entry in accounting by posting a wrong sale invoice which now i want to delete i have also installed account cancel entries module but still when i try to delete it says "You cannot modify a posted entry of this journal. First you should set the journal to allow cancelling entries." and i have found no options in configuration of journal to turn on cancel entry ..... please help  

Discard
Best Answer

Dear brother ,

Try installing Odoo's account_cancel module , Then on the journal check Allow Canceling Entries .Then Go to Your journal entries. Select the necessary journal entries , and in action click unreconcile.

Now open the invoice , and click cancel invoice, in case the delivery has tooken place , then you you have to  return the products and and create credit note before canceling invoice.

Hope this will help you

With Regards...

Discard
Best Answer

Unreconcile journal entry first so the payment gets detached from the invoice, then you can cancel invoice and reset it to draft. then you can re-validate it again and reconcile it with payment entries so invoice gets paid again.

To unreconcile journal entry,  Open partner from invoice, in partner form there is one button "Journal Items" or "Journal Entries". By clicking on this you will be redirected to journal items (account move line) view.

There you can see all the accounting entries of that customer. You need to select two line (which lines have account receivable with debit and other with bank or cash or any other payment journals with credit). Select these two line and click on more and there is Unreconcile option.

The same way you can reconcile entries.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello, under the accounting point of view it would be better (and in almost every country legally correct) issues a credit note instead of deleting invoice. That is not only correct but it is also the quickest way to solve your problem.

Discard

The question was not about what is legal or not, it was about the use of the "cancellation" module. In my country for example this is legal and therefore I do use this module too. And it works as I have correctly described.

Best Answer

ou need to have Developer Mode active to see the field on the Journal, then Go to "Accounting/Configuration/Accounting/Journals", select the corresponding journal and check the box under "Advanced Settings/Miscellaneous".

Discard