This question has been flagged
12 Replies

Hello,

I want to assign a salesperson as a team member in two sales teams, direct sale team & website sale team.

When I added him in the first team, the system accepts him. The problem is when I try to add him in the second team, he got removed from the 1st one.

In brief, Odoo didn't accept to have a user as a team member in two teams simultaneously.

Can anyone help me or give a hint to fix it.

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

The solution provided by Jeremy does not solve the need to assign the same salesperson to multiple sales team. With Website_crm_score module, it seems to be possible to assign salesperson to multiple sales team, but when the user logins to the system, on the dashboard he/she can only see one Salesteam. The other one is not seen.
According to our experience, it should be possible to add any salesperson to multiple sales team. Let's think that there are some salespeople that have the responsibility for both direct and websites sales. At the current scenario, it is not possible in Odoo. Why does Odoo limit salesperson to be in only one sales team? How about if Odoo allows salespeople to be in multiple salesteam? If customers do not need this functionality, then they will assign salesperson to only one salesteam, but if customers need to assign any salesperson to multiple salesteam, it is again possible for them without problems. I think this functionality in Odoo should be enhanced or there should be some workarounds to accomplish this.

Discard

you can add an ir.rule on salesteam with " [('team_user_ids', 'in', user.id)] "

It should be done in default code, IMHO...

Mechsoft, you have probably right... But actually, the trends is on 'simplify UI and code' instead of 'add and support more features'...

You are right that options are not well, but this can be done without options. At the current state, Odoo has team_id as manytoone relations and one salesperson can be only member of one sales team. When team_id is converted to manytomany relations, salespeople can be member of several salesteams.

We created a module that replaces team_id manytoone relations to manytomany relations and the problem is solved.

Sorry the member_ids were converted from onetomany relation to manytomany relations and everything is working fine.

Best Answer

There is nothing to fix. This is by design and makes sense to me. If you have a bigger company, there is usually no such thing as a multiple team assignation. If you have a small company and you do not really have 2 teams, then delete one team and you get rid of the problem.

By the way, this is the same as in Odoo 9.0

Discard
Best Answer

Imho, Website_crm_score add multi saleteam!

but why do you néed it?

because in most case, the first salesteam will be selected (eg: onchange saleman on lead)

Discard
Best Answer

@jke - Just because YOU can't see the need, doesn't mean it is not valid!

Our client has a salesteam per region, but has one salesperson who floats between two teams.  We can't just keep adding them to the other team when he travels one day each week over the border.

Discard
Best Answer

are there any other solutions in Odoo v12?

Discard
Best Answer

Solution proposed by Mechsoft, seems ideal, ie converting member_ids present in the SalesTeam from One2many relation to Many2many relations...

Discard
Best Answer

How about making a new group inheriting both sales teams groups, wouldn't that solve this problem?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, 

@mechsoft 

Can you provide the add-on you made to solve this problem?

Regards

Discard