This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Is there a way to have multiple UoM for selling a product? Looking for a way to sell the same product in two different UoM both in POS/eCommerce, and the backend for sales orders. 

Example: We sell candles that come in a case of 4 boxes, each box has 12 candles. We sell the candles as a box of 12, and individually. Is there a way to easily set up an option for Each and Dozen. Not all of our boxes are the same size so we cannot have the employees manually type them in each time. We have some boxes of other candles that only have 6, some have 18, 24, 36, 100, etc. 

I've tried looking into apps and have not seen anything that fits what we are looking for, and the UoM option in the product only allows one option. We would rather not make it a variant item since it would then appear as 2 different product variants when ordering. Box of 12 and individual. We would buy by the case and have to use the same inventory for both products which would become confusing and inaccurate in the system.

System Info: Odoo V10, Enterprise, Self-Hosted

Discard
Best Answer

U can create a UOM called carton, where it contains 48 pieces of candles. In odoo, the reference unit should be piece. So the UOM (Carton) reference greater than the piece by 48
Then u create another UOM called box, where it contains 12 piece. In Odoo, you set it reference to piece. greater than the reference unit by 12.
During check stock, the warehouse people should have an instinct knowing that how many boxes left in the warehouse by looking at the report. e.g. left 1200 pieces, then there should be 120 boxes left in the warehouse

Discard
Best Answer

1. Inventory --> Configuration --> Settings:

2. Inventory --> Inventory Control --> Products

Find your Candle and on the Inventory Tab, add a package:

3. Create your Sale Order with the popup for each line:

After which you will see:

4. I have not seen how to expose this in Point of Sale, but there - your customer brings you a box of 12, right? :)

See also https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/inventory/settings/products/usage.html

Discard

Hi!, that's a cool way to avoid several confusing UoM. Is there a way to do the same for purchase? I believe this only applies to Sales. Am I missing something in between?

Best Answer

Hello,
I Think this is an important subject, the Multi unit of Measure is not working properly in Odoo especially when it comes to the POS app which has very limited options in this regard. In the master product from I think we have to have the ability to choose the units of measures that we need for this product, the barcode(s) for each unit of measure, and finally the price for each UoM for the product, all of this should be connected to the POS app. I've tried to use a customized POS app to fix this issue the don't give a sold solution for the issue, I think this should be fixed by Odoo themselves.

Discard
Best Answer

Gregory, did you find a solution? Same problem here

Discard
Best Answer

First go to Sales settings and select(enable) Units of Measure : Some products may be sold/purchased in different unit of measures.  After that Sales configuration select Units of Measure and create additional unit of measure.

For example create Each as reference unit of measure for category unit and create Dozen(s) as additional unit of measure under category unit and type: Bigger than reference unit of measure and Bigger ratio : 12.00

Discard
Author

We have this currently setup, however that sets the sales as only that Unit of Measure. We are able to sell the same item with 2 or 3 different unit of measures and need it programmed in that our users do not have to guess since it is inconsistent. If we put the UoM on the product as Each or Dozen, that is how it is sold. There is no way to switch on a sales order or in POS to say a customer is just getting Each, or a Dozen, or a case of several dozens.