This question has been flagged

I installed a module named Super Calendar and when I try to configure events using calendar configurator and try to Generate Calendar,an openerp warning box is shown as The 'User' field of record amc (account.analytic.account) does not refer to res.users.Here the lines created are Model-analytic account,user field-customer,Description type-field,Description field-full name,description-contract detail and start date field-start date.The problem is I am not able to generate calendar with the Lines that I create.

Discard

What is << amc >> (in your instance of OpenERP ? is it a project or .....?

Author

amc is the entry given in account name or contract name in Sales/Contracts.In the tree view this name comes under the column full name.While creating lines I gave the option Full Name in Description field.

Author

That error is resolved.But now I am having doubts regarding the data to be entered in the lines while creating new line.What are the data to be entered in model,Domain,Duration Field,User Field,Description Type,Description field,Description,Start Date Field and End Date Field?

Author

Is there any option to mail the list of upcoming events scheduled in the calendar to a responsible person or the administrator?If yes how to configure that facility.I need it somewhat like receiving mails of the events scheduled for the next day like scheduled phone calls,Contract expiration dates so that it can be renewed,Scheduled meetings and all those other events which require Calendar.If not,is there any other option so that all the upcoming events can be obtained as mail remainders?

Best Answer

This app significantly expands super calendar features: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/joint_calendar/

E.g. it allows indicating partners (not only users) as event's participants

Discard
Best Answer

Hi;

I've tested on my side, and i get the same "error message" (the only difference is on the record name, "amc" in your case).

You can delete the "amc" Account, but you will get the same error for another existing Analytic Account.

The only case i've not tested, is when there is no Analytic Account defined.

I've tried many cases, and get always the same error (with a difference on the "record name" - the Account Name of an Analytic Account ) when this Analytic Account is not related to res.users.

What does it mean?

"Super Calendar" was designed as an organizer for users of OpenERP.

And as you noticed, you can link the "Lines" in "Super Calendar Configurator" to a user (OpenERP User) by the field "User field" (user_field_id).

So, when you filter any value for the field "User field", there is a condition in the method "generate_calendar_records" which will test if the value of the field user_field_id is not equal (!=) to res.user, and if it is True, Raise the Error _("The 'User' field of record %s (%s) does not refer to res.users").

This is stated in the code for the test condition in "generate_calendar_records":

for current_record_id in current_record_ids:

current_record  = current_pool.browse(cr, uid, current_record_id, context=context)

if line.user_field_id and \

current_record[line.user_field_id.name] and current_record[line.user_field_id.name]._table_name != 'res.users':

raise osv.except_osv(_('Error'), 

_("The 'User' field of record %s (%s) does not refer to res.users")

% (current_record[line.description_field_id.name], line.name.model))

Now try to not select any value for the field "User field", you will see that when you click on "Generate calendar", the error will not be raised.

The error message is just a Warning, telling that for this value the action "Generate Calendar" is not applicable (or it has no meaning .....).

Maybe, this error can be handled in much more better way !

Conclusion: Super Calendar can only be used on Models that can be related to res.users.

Hope this can help.

Discard