This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hi Odoo team,

I know this question may have been answered a few hundred times already, But I would like to ask it anyway,

and clarify this, I currently just stuying odoo and I reading thourgh pricing, trial and 15 day trial, etc.

and came accross this "https://accounts.odoo.com/trial" which i need to activate using email.

Questions:

1. Is account and app using This trail free forever as along as it holds ONLY One(1) App. for example CRM only?

2. as with installing a new app it warns about cant go back to free which states the it really is free for One(1) app. free forever; am I correct.

3. for unlimited users;  It is also states that using  One(1) App is free for unlimited use. But when I create a user a remarks appears above the "User Creation Form" :  "Remember that each user will increase your monthly fee. Check out pricing on www.odoo.com/pricing."

Please help me clarify this things, as Iam worry that I will find my database missing after 15 days or idle for a month. and or I will be billed and my database will be locked without notice.

Thank you in advance.

Discard

Seems like this question has never been answered? I wonder about the exact same thing - unfortunately Odoo is very unclear about that "one free app forever".

Can someone please reply, or maybe you already know the answer, in which case could you please share it?

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi !

To be clear about "1 free application": until you are using only one application OR an application that requires one or two other applications, it's free for you. No matter the number of users.

By "application which requires one or two other applications" I mean that certain applications are linked in Odoo and cannot work without each other. This is the case for Accounting and Invoicing for example. You can use Invoicing alone but you cannot use Accounting without Invoicing. Same for Manufacturing which cannot be used without Inventory (the opposite is not true).

Therefore, the Point of Sale will be free in "1 free app", as well as the Invoicing and the Inventory because they are linked.

You can check these links on odoo.com/pricing by clicking on the bottom right on the "i" which will give you the linked applications.

2 more details:

- when you add modules, you will pay for all the modules used (even the free ones before).

- If you do not touch the database 1x / 3 months, it will be deleted (even if it's free for you, Odoo pays for hosting. After 3 months we consider that the DB is no longer in service ). 

--> If you respect those conditions you DB will stay free.

I hope all this is clear ;)

Discard
Best Answer

@Alexander: Need help

I have the free online version of POS, and it's working great.

However, when I was looking around in settings, under inventory, I ticked on "Landed Cost" to check it's function, however, it installed the "Purchase" Module without any prior notification.

Now I have deleted the Purchase module but Odoo still asks for payment, as I understood from your answer, this can't be undone.

My questions are:

1. Can I duplicate the database and continue using the free edition?
  2. Or can I create a new account and attach my previous db?
  3. I know that I can upload my master data (Items & Customers) to a new fresh db, but can I upload sales data?

Your answers will be highly appriciated

Discard

i got the same issue, did you find a solution ?

Best Answer

Yes, it will be free as the app you selected is free when alone.

For example, invoicing if it is alone is free, but when you add accounting, you will be charged for invoicing and accounting.

Also, the free of charge on odoo online only, not include on promise .

Thanks

Discard

That's not correct unfortunately ... Accounting + Invoicing are free together. Please check my comment below, thanks !

Best Answer

看了这些内容后,我确认小公司只适合使用社区版本,如果要使用其它功能还是老老实实的自行开发

After reading these contents, I confirm that small companies are only suitable for using the community version. If they want to use other functions, they should be honest and self-developed

Discard
Best Answer

What if you choose DMS, does it stay free even with lots of files?

Discard