This question has been flagged

Hello,

I am working on a data visualization problem.

I'd like to be able to get both the valuations and the quantities of my inventory in order to show an historical of the valuation of my inventory .

I already know that in the inventory module I can obtain the quantities of each product at any given date, nevertheless there is no cost associated. Besides I found in the module "Inventory Valuation" that on clicking on a product name and then on "inventory valuation" on the product card, I could see all the product moves with the unit price and the value associate but not directly the cost of a product at a given time. 

Is there any simple way that I could combine those two fonctionnalities to get the result I want ?

Thanks in advance,

Louis

Discard
Best Answer

Maybe help this:

1. Go to the Inventory module and select the product you want to check the cost for.

2. Click on the "Product Moves" button to see the list of all product moves related to that product.

3. Identify the last move for that product before the date you want to check the cost for.

4. Note the unit price of that move, which represents the cost of the product at that time.

5. Go to the Inventory Valuation module and select the same product.

6. Click on the "Inventory Valuation" button to see the list of all inventory valuations related to that product.

7. Find the inventory valuation corresponding to the date you want to check the cost for.

8. Note the total value of the inventory valuation, which represents the total cost of all the products in stock at that time.

9. Divide the total value by the quantity in stock to get the average cost per unit at that time.

10. Compare the average cost per unit with the unit price of the last move before that date to ensure they are consistent. If they are not, you may need to investigate further to identify any discrepancies or changes in cost.

Discard
Best Answer
  • Hello there,Did you have any luck with this issue?

Discard