This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hello,

We are on Odoo v11 Enterprise. I am trying to figure out an import method where I can take an existing receipt from an existing PO and upload in bulk serial numbers against the product line items on the receipt under operations. Taking the export and trying to reverse it doesn't really work well give all of the internal ids. Is there a template that can do this where the receipt reference (or id) can be used and serial put against the line items by SKU (internal reference)?

Thanks for any help you can provide?

Jon

Discard
Best Answer

I do not know Jonathan's use case, but us, we are getting shippments with 10000 devices with unique serial numbers. Scanning each of those numbers takes a long time and is error prone. And if we make a mistake Odoo only says error, not which serial was duplicate etc.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Vishal,

That is our happy path use case but in some cases like the instance we have right now, the system was not available for them to capture serials so they did it in another tool which brought the serials and SKUs down into a csv file. Now I want to see if we can upload it into the receipt in order to have them in the system. I tried numerous methods but nothing worked correctly where the data looked consistent.

Jon

Discard

For such an import functionality you are probably looking to customize in the receipt to do an import. Now you could have two ways of serial number input here you could be generating the number but you don't seem to be doing that so you could be looking to read your input file here with a customized app. Thanks,Vishal

Best Answer

Hello Jonathan,  I am wondering why you are looking to import serial numbers when you can use barcode scanner?

Thanks, Vishal

Discard