This question has been flagged
6 Replies

I am trying to send a mass mailing and cannot send images. If I use a theme template and send the test message, the images load. However, if I change any of the images to one we have one our website, or by uploading my own image, they do not appear. When the message is saved, occasionally they disappear and become the error loading image icon in the backend, and whenever they are sent, no image. We have tested with several accounts and loaded the message on GMail in browsers, Outlook, iPhone, and Android.

If I 'inspect' the image and try to go to the link for the image, it gives a long google address then ours. I am able to pull up the image if I go to the link, even if I'm not signed into the database. Is this a permission error somewhere? Is it because we have more than one odoo database on the server (one is our live instance and one is our testing grounds)?

Desperately trying to get images to work since we need to send emails with images to customers. Losing sales leads not being able to send proper messages.

Enterprise 10 Self Hosted; Ubuntu Server

Discard

I've the same issue

Author Best Answer

UPDATE 2018-05-07: I have found that adding web.base.url.freeze to the System Parameters under Technical Settings in debug/developer mode has helped resolve this issue. Use key: web.base.url.freeze and for value: whatever your domain is (ie: https://yourwebsite.com). This seems to be working well for us on all platforms with Enterprise V10.

UPDATE: I opened a support ticket with Odoo for this and after a few days came back saying it is possibly a bug in the system and they will try to find a work around or solution for it. That has been almost a month now with no word. I'm guessing it is either really bad, or they are just waiting for V11 to release this fall to fix it. If you have any other workarounds, please let me know.

Discard
Best Answer

i have faced these issue before, and there is two scenarios:

1- if you have one database: you must check the system parameter web.base.url , the value must be (http://yourdomain)

2- if you have multiple-database: you must use db-filter to solve the problem.

Discard
Best Answer

I just faced the same issue if the image is "Uploaded" to the email template. If I add the link to the image which I host on the web, I do get the image on Outlook client on Mac, but Gmail on the browser does not download it. I am guessing the size of the image is too large.

I am using Odoo CE v.11 hosted in Google Cloud Platform using Bitnami Odoo image.

I am using Mailjet as Outgoing Email server.

Discard
Best Answer

I had something like this.

I had to install the following library.

sudo apt-get install libfreetype6-dev

I am on Debian, with enterprise v10 self hosted.

Discard
Author

Thanks for the suggestion. Apparently I have this already installed and running. I tried removing and reinstalling but did not work.