This question has been flagged

Hi,

I've looked everywhere for a solution to how to close a project issue.

I have odoo 10 community with issues tracking enabled. When I create a project issue there doesn't seem to be any way to mark the issue as closed. I've looked everywhere for a "Close Issue" button or option and haven't been able to find it.

How can I mark an issue as closed?

Regards

David

Discard

Hi Ray,

Sadly no, this does not change it's status, only the Kanban State. 

On the Extra Info tab there's a "Days to close" metric but there's no way to actually close the issue. You can create a kanban status for "Closed" but moving it to this Kanban doesn't actually mark the issue as closed and therefore you can't get any useful data from how quickly issues were resolved.

Additionally there's a way you can archive Project Tasks individually but not Issues. In order to archive issues you have to archive the whole project.

(I tried add a screenshot to show you what I mean but I couldn't)

OK, this now leads me onto another question. Why can't I see the "Done" and "Cancelled" Kanban Stages in the Issues? I can't even add any stages in the Kanban view, even in developer mode.

Best Answer

Do you mean DONE?

When the Issue is shown in the Kanban View:

When the Issue is opened in Form View:

UPDATE:

• Issues can be archived in Developer mode, using the button that becomes visible:

• Issues become closed when they are moved to a folded stage (the default folded stages are DONE and CANCELLED):

You can see this by reviewing the code:

def update_date_closed(self, stage_id):
    project_task_type = self.env['project.task.type'].browse(stage_id)   
if project_task_type.fold:
return {'date_closed': fields.Datetime.now()}
return {'date_closed': False}

Discard
Best Answer

It may possible you removed done stage from project issue stages lists so it did not visible with project issue. simply check and if it is deleted then add this again.

Discard