This question has been flagged
3 Replies

How do you perform a periodic inventory of your Assets (like you would do for your stock)? I would like to start using Odoo for Asset Management, but we would want to do an annual inventory as a verification that our Odoo record of assets matches reality.

Am I missing something obvious? Thanks!

Discard

please add these features assign an asset to a department as a responsibility.

​ ​have a self-service option for managing assets under my name and asking for use an asset.

move an asset from one person or department to another and ​create a document to sign or print to move it.

trazability by assign a location to an asset.

if the asset is a vehicle for example, have the option to use GPS, beacons, IP adress, BLE, LoRa,\\\ or RFID

maintenance and repairs

awesome would be if compliant with

ISO 55000

Best Answer

Hi Ken,

Stocktake is done through the Inventory Adjustment feature. Here's a guide from Odoo.

https://www.odoo.com/forum/how-to/warehouse-management-6/how-can-i-record-my-initial-inventory-55257

Regards,
Jake Robinson

Discard
Author

Thanks Jake -- but that seems to be for Stock, not Assets. Am I missing something? My assets don't appear in that list.

Best Answer

But if you create the asset from the inventory and then from the assets you have twice in your account, how can you avoid that?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Max, did you find an answer? I found this post while looking for the same thing...

I can't find any sort of physical asset management in Odoo; just the very basic depreciation accounting - is that all it has?

Discard
Author

Hi Luiz,
Jake was absolutely correct (below), it was just confusing because I was expecting this to be part of the Asset menu when in fact it's part of the Inventory menu. When you need to create an Asset, you first create a Product (I recommend creating a separate Product Category hierarchy for your Assets that is different from the Product Categories for the products you sell). The Product that you create for this new Asset should have the Product Type "Stockable Product". Give the Product a descriptive name so that when it comes time to do your inventory your employees can easily identify the item in the office.

To do your inventory (quarterly, annually, etc.), as Jake says, you go to Inventory > Operations > Inventory Adjustments (in v11.0 anyway, not sure if that has changed in later versions) and create a new Inventory Adjustment. Use one of the filtering features to create a subset of Products to inventory and then begin your inventory. Your employees can then go through the office and count the actual number of each Product displayed on the Inventory Adjustment.

Hope that helps.

Hi Max! That clears it up. Yes, it helped a lot; many thanks!! 😊