This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi,

I'm working on a project for a brewery.  they sell beers and they have to pay excise on the amount AND the strength of the beers they sell.  they also need to pay excise on the type of packaging.  If the beers are sold abroad they don't have to pay these excise to the government.

It is important to show the amount of excise on the invoice to the customer.  It is also important to see every week how many excise has been invoiced, so this can be aggregated to pay to the government.

How would you solve a situation like this?  Create a new Tax rule that has python scripting inside?  A separate module? 

All suggestions are really appreciated,

thank you very much,

Thijs

Discard
Best Answer

We have build a solution for this by using tax codes and additional fields and coding which is added to the account.tax, products, purchase and sale tables. Fully integrated in BoM for calculating excise balance on distilled products. Depending on the type of alcoholic product like wine, beer or plain alcohol different calculations are done based on definable excise tarifs. The alcohol % field is added in many models and is also used in different calculcations for the excise amount.  Implementing excise touches many models in Odoo.  By using the tax translation of fiscal positions you can use different a excise tariff for the domestic market or no excise for export.

There is still a lot of work to be done as I'm now working on the excise declaration export module for dutch customs.    The export module will be flexible for supporting different formats.

Discard
Best Answer

Have you found a solution for this case?

Discard
Author

Hi Rik,

Long time, no see :)

I'm still working on this. I'm using right now standard tax implementation of odoo. By using Python tax addon, I can calculate the excise depending on the chosen product. Also we get the implementation of Fiscal Positions for free.

Good luck,

Thijs

Thijs, I'm really interested in this solution. Did you also create the E-AC4 interface with customs?

Best Answer

i really didn't look into it, but can't you just use product variants?    

Discard
Author

I don't see how product variants can help me? Can you ellaborate on this?