This question has been flagged

So far I did not test the issue tracker or bug tracker module intensively, so please forgive me if this question is very basic. I could not find a comprehensive documenation of the issue tracker functionality.

I can easily configure, that emails to e.g. "support@mycompany.com" create new support issues by use of IMAP/IMAPS. This is the same as with Trac (trac.edgewall.com) and its email2trac plugin. I wonder, however, how new ticket creation is prevented, if a conversation with the customer involves multiple emails by their side. In Trac + email2trac, the customer has to put the issue id ("ticket number") into the email subject. This way, the software automatically adds the email to the existing ticket instead of creating a new one. Not a very nice solution, as some customers change the subject and remove the ticket number, but all in all it works fairly well.

The issue tracker module, however, seems to generate a new issue for every email. I could not yet find a way to prevent issue creation and have the successive emails just appended to the existing issue. How does this work?

Discard
Author Best Answer

If the client does the most logical thing and just replies to an answer from the support staff, the reply is automatically appended to the issue. This even better than Trac / email2trac, which does not have this option (because there are no replies to the client anyway).

Consider this question self-answered.

Discard