This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

How do we find any product sold/bought by particular customer / supplier? It would be nice if we can list those items and see from what invoice/sales order number it comes from.

The main purposes is to see the price history applied for the item on particular customer/supplier

Thanks...

Discard
Best Answer

Hi;

This module can fulfill your need product_historical_pricet.

Change after comments

As i told youi n my last comment, there is something wrong with the access rights in this module, and now i can confirm it.

This imply some changes in two files:

First file - /security/group.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <openerp>
        <data noupdate="1">

<record id="product_historical_user" model="res.groups">
                <field name="name">Product Historical User</field>
            </record>

<record id="product_historical_manager" model="res.groups">
                <field name="name">Product Historical Manager</field>
            </record>

</data>
    </openerp>

Second file - __openerp__.py

Lines to be changed:

"update_xml" : ["security/groups.xml",

"security/ir.model.access.csv",

"view/product_view.xml",

"data/product_data.xml",

After those changes update your module, and go under Settings ----> Users ---> Users , edit the user you want, and under

Access Rights Tab you will see two new fields "Product Historical Manager " and "Product Historical User ".

It works for me.

Can you test and confirm if this works for you?

Discard

Unfortunately I'm a OpenERP SAAS user and I don't have access to file system. Do you think I should report a bug? Does this qualifies as a bug?

I did not know that this module is on SaaS. Yes it's a bug, but report it to vauxoo at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/addons-vauxoo/+filebug

There is an (on demand) SSH Access on SaaS. Contact openerpsaas.

Best Answer

You can get all these information from the product view.

1. Go to Sales / Products / Products
  2. Select a Product
  3. Click on Salesor Purchases to get the history

If you want to compare different products, you can also use the reporting tools using the menu Reporting / Accounting / Invoice Analysis.

Discard
Author

Hello...thank you for the reply. But I still can't see the information I need. I need to view the customer/supplier, invoice data (id and date), the product and the price.. Can we create that kind of view?

I agree that although some data is found with the method above, OpenERP 7.0 is extremely lacking when it comes to viewing customer history. Nearly every time we input an order in our current ERP we reference what the customer bought from us in the past. I can't come up with a good way to do this in OpenERP 7.0 though and I can't imagine I'm the only one looking for this feature.

You're not Josh. And today I can't find anything more than what is pointed by Fabien and it does not fullfil our requirements (history/tracking of product updates, like price modification, note only price at sales).

Thanks for the info, Fabien.

Best Answer

Thank you for this answer, it was helpful to me also. I'm new to openERP and still finding my way around. Do you know maybe what could be the reason for me not having any records in Purchases list of selected product? To be more precise, none of my products have no Purchase list records so I'm guessing I must be doing something wrong.

I see a complete list of Sales order lines for the same product just fine.

I also have Incoming shipment for products in status Received, as well as Supplier Invoice in status Paid.

Any idea would be helpful. Thanks.

Discard

For Leon: What response did you like? Do not forget to vote. For your comment: Do you have any purchase order? are the cost prices filled in the products form?

I do have cost prices filled in the product form but I do not have purchase orders. I have skipped that and created Incoming shipment and Supplier invoice. Can that be the reason? Is it to late to create a Purchase order at this point?

I think, the issue comes from the module itself, because there are access rules, and there is no way how to manage the access rights. So, be patient, i will keep you informed.