This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm setting up Paypal a non-profit foundation to process donations recived via this payment handler. I have configured Paypal in the Settings/Accounting paypal payment acquiring methods. I understand this would be for putting up a paypal button on invoices and ecommerce websites - something the foundation doesn't need right now.

However most important is to be able to process the incoming payments from Paypal in the Accounting. As long as individual paypal payments are transferred to our bank account that's easy, but when there are more than one paypal payments this would require an additional setup. I imagine we need to set up a specific Journal for this, but couldn't find much information about it. Could anyone clarify how we best do this? (BTW we're using Odoo v8 self hosted)

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, you've probably noticed that when using PayPayl the system actually creates a Sales Quotation, the standard process seems to be manual from Sales Quotation->Sales Order->Invoice->Validate Invoice->Submit Payment

Also as you have probably found that when submitting a payment the only options are 'Cash' or 'Bank or Check', these options are actually taken from the accounting journal. To do this you need to select Accounting->Configuration->Journals->Journals you can then create a new journal entry specifically for Paypal set it as either type 'Cash' or 'Bank and Checks' and also link to the correct default  debit and credit account either cash or bank account, if you want a separate account to link to this journal entry then you will first need to add a new account to Accounting->Accounts->Accounts and select the appropriate accounting type

Discard