This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Does anyone know how to get total cost of product that was manufactured? You can get cost for materials to be used. You just buy them, so you get the cost. You can define workcenter cost, so you will know how an hour cost, but when you manufacture a product, if you go to that product, open it and check it's cost, it will show zero (even if average type is chosen). So is there a way to somehow make OpenERP calculate price for products that were manufactured?

Discard

how is your solution for this?

Best Answer

You can build your own custom module for this requirement . You can proceed in these ways: You should first inherit mrp.bom and add a new field 'price_unit': fields.float('Unit Price') and redefine the onchange_product_id function define compute_price and compute_total function to calculate "line price" and "total price" Then you have to inherit mrp.production and define compute_production_cost function to update cost_price from BOM. We have created this custom module and it works perfect , in my module it takes avg purcahse price in BOM and we added an extra tab to manufactring form to compute Production Cost , in that tab you can add extra charges like electicity etc.. , that charges also added to cost by calculating per_unit charge depending on UOM. for any help you can contact: baijuks@hotmail.com

Discard

do you have it developped ?

Yes, for both v7 & v8

is it working for multi product of the same product.template?

yes, its working for product variants, for further clarification please add me in Skype: baiju.ks.tdpa

Best Answer

For which version of OpenERP?

Have you seen https://www.openerp.com/apps/6.1/production_costs/ ?

Production Costs Management Module. Includes:

• Extension of production order to calculate manpower, material and fixed costs.
  • Extension of products for adding these three prior fields and updating its cost price (only if its 'cost_method' field is set to 'average').

• A new wizard for repercuting structural costs over products.

• Obtains prices of final production product. Prices in moves. Unit price in production lot, taking into account the cost of manpower.

Discard

Hi, my version of my OpenERP is v7. And now I have create a new module by using the python in OpenERP. I would like to get the total raw material cost from BOM in order to display in my new module new field. May I know you have any idea for it?

Have a look through the thread at

http://help.openerp.com/question/15009/boms-and-product-cost-structue/

It has a few amendments that need to be made to get it to work as you might expect

Best Answer

@Ray Carnes I saw the community module  https://www.openerp.com/apps/trunk/product_cost_incl_bom/ but I beleive the problem there is that you are creating another field for the cost inc. BOM. You can see the cost of produced product, but you cant use it. For exmaple if user sells the produced product, the cost of the product won't be written off in journal entries. Because it writes off only from cost field. I mean when you use Anglo Saxon Axxounting.

Discard
Best Answer

I am having the same problem and I am not able to find a solution for Oddo 8. I did update the cost manually but when the stock moves are created there is no cost invloved.

Anybody has any solution for this? 

Discard
Best Answer

i hve succes installed modul product_cost_incl_bom and product_get_cost_field, where i can view them in openeerp ??

Discard

Select Supply method as Manufacture, then you can view BOM cost field at Procurement page/tab of Product window