This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello 

My IM is Installed and working. But no one but admin can receive messages. So I found this is on the forum:

1 - Activate the public user

2 - Set its password as 'public'

update res_users set active = True where login = 'public' then set the password to 'public' 

It solved the problem for others. But how is the statement applied. Do I have to write it directly to the database?

Thanks Tobi

Solution for me:

I did the steps above direct in the database with pgadminIII and 2 sql statements. I used the postgres user to access the database.

There was another problem with testing of the instant messenger I remember. If it is accessed from the same computer with two different browsers to test communication, there is still strange behaviour -> Best to test with two different machines, at least virtually. 

Discard

So does this mean public user can only be activated if you can access the database directly and not when you're on ODOO SAAS *.ODOO.COM?

So does this mean public user can only be activated if you can access the database directly and not when you're on ODOO SAAS *.ODOO.COM?

Best Answer

Hello, I was able to set the public user as active from the back-end in Settings > Users. You need to do an advanced Search and filter "Active = False" and then you can get it it's record and set it Active. So far, I have not needed to set a password for this user.

Discard

Also I noticed that you want to make sure to refresh the page of the help-desk user's browser as it's session will expire after 15-ish minutes inactivity and the "Chat with us" button will disappear on the front-end if there are no active help-desk users online.

Best Answer

same interest here. anyone?

Discard

Same here! Somebody is able to create a new public user?