This question has been flagged
2 Replies

The company just bought an enterprise license, in order to develop some extensions and to use them internally.

As a DevOps guy, I want to setup a deployment pipeline with at leas two environments one to be used for the developers, and the production one; but to be fair, I would like to setup an additional environment that will be used by the QA team. so in total three environments.

• The license already purchased is enough for my objective?

• Do I need to buy more licenses?

• Is the license managed at application level or database level?

Our machines are mostly windows (Server/Clients) in a Windows Server Domain, I would glad if your answers point to that environment.

• where can I find the limitations of the Enterprise license?

Discard
Best Answer

Your Enterprise Contract comes with a License KEY - a string of numbers.

This KEY is pasted into a single Odoo database, so licensing is managed at the DATABASE level.

You get ONE database per Enterprise Contract.

Any other database you create (or duplicate from an existing database) gets 30 days of usage without needing a license key.

Since you can create unlimited databases that get 30 days of usage, you can develop with one of those.

Once you have your PRODUCTION database setup, duplicate it to get a "copy" that you can use for 30 days.  This meets the needs of being able to QA/TEST something on another server/environment before you then push the changes to a production server.

The Odoo Partner you are working with can easily 'deactivate' a database that has been activated with your key, freeing up the key to be moved to another database (and they should be able to help you with further questions about this).

Discard

This is your comment...Ray...(Since you can create unlimited databases that get 30 days of usage, you can develop with one of those.)

Question---

Then after 29 days i can duplicate the expire database again and i can use right?then what is the meaning of expiry?