This question has been flagged
Context:
I have an Item that's been routed to manufacture only, let's call it Prime Bottle. Then there are the raw materials that make up the finished item (Prime Bottle), for this example let's say there are 3 raw materials: Item A, Item B and Item C. The costing and valuation methods for Prime Bottle are Standard Price and Perpetual Valuation Method.

Question:

How can I update the cost price field automatically for Prime Bottle with the cumulative cost price(s) of all the raw materials in the BOM for Prime Bottle?

The issue we're having is this: 
Most of the Finished items in the database have very long lists for their BOM and to get the cost price for each Finished item we have had to manually multiply the cost and the quantity required to produce the item to get the final cost price for each Finished item. e.g.

To get one unit of Prime Bottle we need 
3 units of Item A
2 units of Item B
1 unit of Item C

Item A cost $5, item B costs $3 and items C costs $1 

Therefore, 5 x 3 = $15, 2 x 3 = $6 and 1 x 1 = $1 i.e. $15 + $6 + $1 = $22 is the cost of producing one Prime Bottle.

As you can imagine for Items that have really long components that make up the BOM it would be more cumbersome to do this manually. So if you have or know of a better solution I would appreciate if you can help me out with this.
Discard