This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hallo guys iam  new here and try to understand this sytem and i hope you can help me out a bit.

A prehistory to my problem:

We have 2 kind of workers Full time & part time workers.

Full time workers work 8 hours + 1 hour break ( 08:00 - 17:00)

Part time workers work 4 hours + 1 hour break (08:00 - 13:00)

If i set it like this and try to give them holidays for example (full time) 5 days Monday - Friday the system dont count is as 5 days its 5 days and 5 hours.

same for part time if i try to give him 1 day holiday its counted as 0,75 days.

How to set a rule that we can diffinte our work timebetter?

is this possible?

Sorry for my bad english if there is something you didnt understand ill try to explain it better!

Discard

thank you for that fast answer mate, where can i define a proper working schedule?

See my amended answer.

I will try it out now, ill come back after it to you if its ok, but iam not sure if he count the holidays right.

Best Answer

You have to define a proper working schedule without breaks because Odoo calculates working days and working hours. Example:

Full time workers schedule

- MO-morning: 08:00 - 12:00

- MO-afternoon: 13:00 - 17:00

- TU-morning: 08:00 - 12:00

- TU-afternoon: 13:00 - 17:00

Your part time schedule looks strange to me, either you do not define the break (why would you want to do that in your case?) or you have to do something like:

part time schedule:

- MO-morning: 08:00 - 11:59

- MO-afternoon: 12:59 - 13:00

but I don't know if this works properly, else do:

- MO-morning: 08:00 - 11:00

- MO-afternoon: 12:00 - 13:00

You can define the working schedule either in the contract definition form or under "Settings/Resources/Working Times" in version 9.0, I do not have a 10.0 version ready with payroll, but I believe it is in similar places.

Here is an example of one of my customers with 2 breaks during the day (version 9.0, but I believe it is the same in 10.0):

Discard
Author Best Answer

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-32816572/1.png.html

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-32816580/2.png.html

why is this counting 2 instat of 3?

its 3 days because 19 - 22.. but it counts 2 days. iam not talking for the hours their day just have 5 hours and if we gave him 1 day holiday it should be 5 hours... so 3 days are 15 hours , i hope i can explain what i mean

Discard

Why should it count for 3???? It is 4 half days from 08:00 - 12:00 = 4 hours * 4

As I said, your part time schedule does not make sense. Giving a working time the name "5 hours" does not make it count 5 hours, especially not when it is defined as 08:00 - 12:00, because this are 4 hours, whatever name you give to it, it remains 4 hours.

Author

its 3 days because 19 - 22.. but it counts 2 days.

iam not talking for the hours

their day just have 5 hours and if we gave him 1 day holiday it should be 5 hours... so 3 days are 15 hours , i hope i can explain what i mean

First: it is 4 days, the 19th, the 20th, the 21st and the 22nd.

Second: your day is 4 hours and not five (from 08:00 - 12:00 it is only 4 hours).

Third: it maybe counts 2 days, because you have entered 2 days according to your first screenshot.

Author

thanks man problem solved