This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

I've searched the forum and didn't find any satisfactory answers to this issue I'm encountering - basically what I face is this: I'm trying to 1) backup my Odoo database (on my local machine), and 2) restore it (using either the zip file, or the .dump file generated in the previous step). Very simple, but unfortunately, I keep hitting the 2 contradictory messages of "Could not restore the database" pop-up window, and another "Database restored successfully" message in the upper right corner of the screen in step 2). Step 1) works fine - I could get the zip file generated, as well as the .dump file.

Unlike another person who posted about this issue, for my case, after getting those 2 conflicting messages, I didn't get my database restored.

I've checked the log files generated by both Odoo as well as nginx (which I'm using as reverse-proxy), but there are no error or warning messages generated, very strange.

Also, regarding the zip file that is generated, what exactly is the filestore folder and how does Odoo actually use that information together with manifest.json (which I understand is just a listing of modules that are installed) when restoring the database? I'm asking this because restoring the database from sql dump files is relatively straightforward, but I'm not so sure about the filestore and installed modules, and how Odoo actually detects those.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Managed to resolve the problem in the end. The issue turned out to be nginx-related - because I was using Nginx as a reverse proxy, I had to adjust the upload limit via Nginx's client_max_body_size parameter (otherwise Nginx will kill it).

Discard
Best Answer

That error message could be caused by:

1- you don't type the correct Odoo master admin password of your instance for restoring the backup(I think that is not your case)

2- in the Odoo you wanna restore the backup you don't have installed postgres for use the database in another server machine. If that is the case you need to have installed postgresql-client package. Odoo use it to backup and restore databases

Discard
Author

1. That is not the case. 2. I've already installed postgresql-client package. Basically postgres, Odoo, and nginx are all on the same machine. And I didn't encounter any errors when I'm backing up the database (as mentioned in my question).