This question has been flagged
5 Replies

My client necessarily needs to make delivery by scanning items once at the customer place. As his salespeople all have smartphone, I though to use the Enterprise version  and the app provided.

But even if I'm able to scan the pickup document or the location from the barcode page thank to the button, there is no way to continue the process after. Am I missing something ?

What are the steps to reproduce your issue?

1) Activate Barcode module

2) Install mobile app on android

3) Create a new preparation order

4) Connect from the app for the following

5) Scan document with camera thanks to the button on the barcode page

OR

5) Scan location to start a new pickup

What is the current behavior that you observe?

- There is no button to launch the camera again and scan items

What would be your expected behavior in this case?

- I should be able to scan items incoming/outgoing and update the pickup order

Thank you

Discard

+1 for this feature. Sadly though, in 12 even the first scan feature is gone :(

Best Answer

Hi Stephane, have you tried to use the Ventor app (available on Google Play)? Looks like all your needs might be covered by this app.

Discard
Author

Hi, Unfortunately my customer won't subscribe to anything over odoo, moreover to another company. But thank you anyway, for small companies it would be a good alternative.

Hi Stephane,

got you, just showed a few options. Actually, Ventor app was developed mostly for medium and big companies. This year on Odoo Experiences 2018 we have presented a success story about Puuilo project. They use ~200 barcode mobile computers (Zebra TC25) for daily operations. The video of presentation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_0oaDqKilg&feature=youtu.be

I hope you will find the solution!

Best Answer

another solution using android web view.

just need a theme that support mobile view and search Android-SmartWebView github, the build project is simple and you can still use what ever the web version does,

but there is a bug for android API 29 - camera not working, but you can just target below that.

Discard