This question has been flagged
12 Replies

I hesitated to post this, since this question has come up a number of times for 7.0 and earlier OpenERP versions, but I have not seen any definite answers specific to Odoo 8.x yet, and I would love to know if this is actually possible yet or not

I have done a lot of googling and haven't been able to come up with anything solid yet, but I keep seeing little hints that a solution possibly does exist or is very near completion. Does anyone have any knowledge about this, or could point me in the right direction? 

Thank you very much!

Discard

I get errors on Odoo 9.0, but I can't find a way to capture payment on Odoo 10 & 11 -- anyone else having any luck?

Best Answer

An Authorize.net module for the ecommerce and the backend has been developed and certified by Odoo: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/tree/saas-6/addons/payment_authorize 
It works similarly than the Paypal module. It will be available on the SaaS when that version will be rolled-out (in a couple weeks).

Discard
Author

That is great! Is this just for web sales, or can it also be used by employees to register a payment to Sales Orders? (using customers' credit card numbers taken over the phone)

It can be used by salespeople in the backend. You need to activate the option: Settings > Accounting > Show payment buttons to employees too. Then, a blue ribbon will appear on your sale orders and invoices with the different payment methods that have been configured.

@Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

Is it no longer possible to charge the customer's credit card for them through odoo? Did something change? I can't find:

Setting>Accounting>Show Payment Buttons to Employees

Best Answer

**EDIT 6/22/15 - In case current cloud users are not aware, authorize.net is now available as a payment acquirer and payment option within the system. This solution uses the virtual terminal or hosted checkout page of Authorize.net and is not a AIM/SIM/CIM integration method - in other words, it's similar to a Paypal checkout page. If you're wanting a direct or full integration, you'll still not be able to accomplish this without custom development (for SaaS) or one of the modules or solutions mentioned below**

----------------------------

HI Victor - There are a couple ways to answer this question. If you are using a self-hosted version, then you can have a module custom developed or extended into your system. There are several Github and other python builds that have a great start to laying out the SOAP/XML/API components if you want to have bi-directional integration into your authorize.net account.

One here: https://py-authorize.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html 

Another here: https://github.com/jeffschenck/authorizesauce 

If you do not need or want to do an Advanced Integration then you have the option of using the Direct Post method. You can add this via the 'Payment Acquirers' module in settings and Authorize.net will essentially function like Paypal checkout where a Sales Order payment will process off-property on an authorize.net virtual terminal page/checkout page.

The major drawback here can be for recurring transactions and transaction detail updates. If you are not technical or do not have coding/development staff or budget, then you'll be limited on implementation - currently Authorize.net has no native support in the same way Paypal does, which is pretty surprising. Hopefully this helps!

Discard

hi arthur i want to ask if i use paypal for payment gateway both paypal account or credit card can i get the history and notification regarding the payment waht i mean is which is the payment is success or not

Author

Thank you for your detailed response, I must have missed this when you posted it a few months back. Around the time of my original question, I didn't see Authorize.net in the Payment Acquirers section or available to install anywhere, but I see now that it's being officially added so that is great, I will have to check it out. Those Python modules look cool, thanks for the tip!

The module that some users refers to is so awkward. It follows a procedure that is foreign to every web-shopper. How can you be requested to jump out of your website to enter your credit card? It just blows my mind that Odoo wants to be taken as a serious eCommerce platform and it doesn't offer an off the shelf way to charge credit cards.

Best Answer

Hi Victor,

You mention how Authorize.net is officially added. I installed the module yesterday and I don't see anything besides Wire Transfer.

Could you please elaborate on how can I see the Authorize.net option?

Discard

Did you enable it via Invoicing > Payment > Payment Acquirers?

Best Answer

Fabrice, that's great news, is it only for SaaS? I assume it would need some modification to work on Premise-Based?

FPT Media, could you provide details on how to use the 'Payment Acquirers' method? When I go to Settings>Payments>Payment Acquirers and click Create, the only options are Wire Transfer or Paypal.

Discard
Best Answer

Fabrice, how do you access payments in the backend? You mentioned using Setting>Accounting>Show Payment Buttons to Employees. I do not see this option. We desperately need access to Authorize.net in the backend on sales quotes/orders. Other modules and apps are posing issues and you mention it is built in already. We are running Enterprise 10 self-hosted. We already have it setup as a payment acquirer on our website but need backend access.

Discard