This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi, 

Within a Helpdesk team, would it be possible to configure the app so the replies from team members in the chatter for each ticket come from the e-mail alias and not the user address (so that help team members will not be contacted directly aftewards) ?

Thank you for your attention !

Discard
Best Answer

One possible solution is to change the "From" field on the email templates, this would ensure the automated messages are received from the alias.

This method can also be extended to all messages. The sender require to ensure they manually select an email template (where the "from address" is an alias address) and then update the content.

You can refer below for idea/ hint

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KJIvzCO00asw78uPUcwyQhrmUBE3NahD/view

Discard

Hi Jaideep, this works but how can I make this template the default for all the chatter messages? I don't want to have to select the template every time I send a message

Unfortunately, am not aware if it can be accomplished programmatically.

The 'chatter' in Odoo is designed to capture notes, messages and logs related to a record consistently across all the apps and to have individual team members communicate and record messages internally as well. While the email templates are designed for canned / automated responses.

If your need is not to track individual users, then you could consider a common login (alias@domain.com) so the messages would be defaulted to alias@domain.com
Best Answer

I'm curious if there is a solution to this problem. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Alexandre,

You can add an email alias per helpdeskteam. This email alias will then be used as reply-to for outgoing messages

Discard

Hello, it is true that an alias can be created by technical support team. But when you reply to a ticket (in chatter), the outgoing email is the technician's personal odoo email (and not the support team alias). This happens like this in all Odoo chatters, it is the standard behavior. In a native way odoo behaves like this. I would love that what you comment could be done (I still do not know how it is done), but natively Odoo does not do it.

Can you help me or explain more if you know how to do it? I would be very grateful to you, for me it is a very important issue.