This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am under the impression the 'Modules' are what makes OpenERP strong in the end. But it seems a little as if availability of the Modules for v7 (or at least a clear way to find them) does not enjoy a high priority. At least I couldn't successfully find and get to work anything ("product_variant_multi" or "product_custom_attributes" for example) I had heard of and wanted to try till now.

It appears to me that v7 is meant to be a ready product but I am somewhat in doubt it can be used really without a centralized, reliable location for Modules (like v7apps.openerp.com) Is there a schedule when this is going to be available?

As I am pretty fresh in all this it is possible I just didn't get some basic logic here yet. I would be happy to be educated if that is the case.

Discard
Author

really nobody with a hint about this?

Author

found pragtech.co.in/lab/downloads/openerp-7-modules/modules-page-1 now but not really sure whether this is 'official'. Or maybe someone else was just quicker then OpenERP themselves? Has anybody made experience with this repository?

It does not seem reliable: some of those modules have never been ported to 7.0

Author

honestly I am pretty surprised that no one has an answer about this. Does that mean there is no plan? That would be weird though .... who would start with OpenERP if there is no plan when it actually will be ready to use in it's entire functionality? Also I wonder why nobody from OpenERP responds to this here but rather let me speculate whether v7 is usable or not. You should be very interested to set this straight and clarify on this issue, aren't you?

The pragtech downloads are confusing. Some of the are modules for 6.1 that are ONLY tagged as modules for 7.0. and cannot be installed with OpenERP 7.0.

Author Best Answer

finally I found a hint on this. on a thread in linkedin Seems that is the repository for v7 apps/Modules.

looks quite 'empty' still in a way (200 apps compared to over 3000 in v6apps.openerp.com). Are these 'only' the core Modules/Apps only yet?

Can anybody tell us whether this will be filled with Community Modules as well over time? I mean the many old Modules which are not ported to v7 yet for example.

Discard
Best Answer

Yes.

This has been answered at https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/9686#9807

Quoting Fabien:

Not yet, but OpenERP v7 already integrates the whole technology to make it work. We just to activate it on apps.openerp.com but we are waiting to have more modules ported to v7 and to fully test this feature with real community modules before activating it.

Discard
Author

thanks, at least an indication that there is some sort of plan. Even though it is pretty vague about the 'when' Can be I am wrong, but somehow it occurs to me developers of community modules are being in the dark about the plans just as I am?