This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi, I am not sure why this is happening, and I need a to find a fix but I do not know where to start.

I have made an email template for a custom record. When I select Send Message and then Select the template it gives me the error (The operation cannot be completed: another model requires the record being deleted. If possible, archive it instead. Model: Contact (res.partner), Constraint: res_partner_company_id_fkey)

I deleted the initial record that I was testing with, does the system create a link between the Email Template Preview and the Record? Do I need to delete that link? Where can I find that?

Thank you.

Discard

First you need to look into the Odoo log and you will find all details about the error and from there you can investigate.

Author

Thank you Waleed Mohsen, I checked the log and figured it out. Something was populating the company_id on the record with a non-existent company number, this then in turn did not allow me to select the template that I wanted. There is only one company in the database so I changed the company_id to 1 and this sorted out the issue. I will go and see which code is causing the issue and fix for future.

Author Best Answer

This has been resolved. Have a look at my comment on 30 March 2022, it describes the issue.

In short, development problem, sorted through database and will fix development for future records.

Discard