This question has been flagged

I am trying to make all project task note mention generated emails show the "View Task" button.  This way enabling the receiver of the email the ability to go directly to the task they are being mentioned in.

Some users can see the view task button, like myself, but others cannot.

I am guessing it has to do with access rights for different user groups, but I cannot figure this out.

Discard

You have mentioned some of the users are unable to see the notes under the tasks. Did you check whether they are followers of the task?

Author

Everyone can see the notes within the task.

It is the email they receive when someone writes "@employee" in the chatter.

That email does not contain the "View Task" Button, so the employee can't easily go to the task in which they've been mentioned.

I've tested it with follower status as well, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

I did notice that those employees that can see the "View Task" Button are within a specific user group, yet I have compared the access rights of that user group to others, and the access rights are the same, same goes for inherited, menus, views, record rules, and notes. However, not all employees in that group can see it, I've added a couple, and it has not added the "View Task" Button.

Hey Matthew,

did you find a solution for it?

Best regards

Author

Hi Anatoli,

I was able to figure it out. It had to do with the proper access rights, and I also believe the recipient had to have access the project (invited to the project).

I apologize I do not have a better answer, but it has been about 2 years since I had to think about this.

Best,

Matt