This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi,

I want that a user, after login, lands e.g. at her/his 'My Dashboard' page instead of her/his Messages page. What is the best way to accomplish this? I played around with 'Home Action' in the User settings , but no joy here. The best solution would be that this landing page is configurable per user. Thanks.

Bart

Discard

It doesn't work for me. Any other solution?

Author Best Answer

I was able to get 'My Dashboard' as first screen after login. OpenERP opens the first item in the leftmost menu item as first page after login, so we have to work on that information.

• Go to Settings - Technical - User Interface - Menu Items
  • Look for the first item in your actual menu and note its Sequence. In my case, the first item was Messaging with Sequence 10
  • Look for the item you want as first screen after login, and change its sequence to a number lower than the item which is first now. In my case, I changed the Sequence of Reporting from 170 to 9.
  • Log out and log in.
  • It should work. In my case, the first page after login is 'My Dashboard'

A few remarks:

• You have to change the menu order, and this change is for all users.
  • This approach does not allow a 'per user' setting, as far as I know. Again, this change is for all users.
  • If required, you have to change the sequence of the menu items in the left menu pane as well if you want another item than the first to open after login.
Discard

It works
Thank you very much

Best Answer

I am Not sure but you can try this

in the user form create new home action and give the reporting menu item ID

OR

You can give the id ir.actions.act_window and in the action usage you can put the reporting menu action ID

Discard
Author

I found this: http://help.openerp.com/question/6042/change-the-view-defaults-to-inbox-shown-after-login/ . Apparently you have to change the order of the menu items: The leftmost one opens after login.