This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I am on Odoo 12 and I have a state selection field with three values (a, b, c) with (a) as the default value.

Example :

state = fields.Selection(string="Statut", selection=[('a', 'Statut A'),
                                                         ('b', 'Statut B'), ('c', 'Statut C'),
                                                         ('d', 'Statut D'), ],
                             default="a", track_visibility='onchange', )

Everything was working fine until I added a new value (e), which I wanted to be before (a) and to become the default value, something like this :

state = fields.Selection(string="Statut", selection=[('e', 'Statut E'),
                                                         ('a', 'Statut A'),
                                                         ('b', 'Statut B'), ('c', 'Statut C'),
                                                         ('d', 'Statut D'), ],
                             default="e", track_visibility='onchange', )

The problem is that when I call this field on the statusbar in the XML code, it doesn't display the status (e), as if it didn't take it as default, and it still takes (a) as the first status whenever I wanted to create a new entry in the form view.

This is the header part of the form view where the statusbar and its buttons should go :

<form string="Form 1">
<header>
<button name="fct4" string="Go to A" class="oe_highlight" states="e" type="object"/>
<button name="fct1" string="Go to B" class="oe_highlight" states="a" type="object"/>
<button name="fct2" string="Go to C" class="oe_highlight" states="b" type="object"/>
<button name="fct3" string="Go to D" states="e,a,b" type="object"/>
<field name="state" widget="statusbar" statusbar_visible="e,a,b,c"/>
</header>

Discard

Odoo Customization Tips:

Odoo is one of the best option for the ERP.

#odoo #openerp #ERP #customization

#tips #training #development #guide #python

These tips help you to get the basic idea about customization in odoo

https://learnopenerp.tumblr.com/

Best Answer
Try like this

state = fields.Selection(string="Statut", selection_add="[('e', 'e')]", default='e')
Discard
Author

Where do I put this instruction? I tried both in the declaration of the model and in the create function but still no results

Best Answer

The answer is simple just change the name of your field from 'state' to 'anythingnelse' then it will work perfect. Thank You

Discard