This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'm using Odoo 14, configured with 2 companies (Company_A and Company_B)

My Company_A sells products to different customers, and then those products are delivered to Company_B (this company will keep the products for the customers)

I cannot setup the correct multi-step route to make this transfer easy.

Best automatic scenario would be :

• Step1 : Company_A/WH_A/Stock ===== [Delivery or Internal transfer] ===> Virtual Locations/Inter-company transit
  • Step2 : Virtual Locations/Inter-company transit ===== [Receipt or Internal transfer] ===> Company_B/WH_B/Stock

Step2 should be preferably set with a "Receipt operation", to be able to define ownership when the products arrive in Company_B

On the Company_B information page, we have "Customer Location" that allows to trigger the correct route :

• it is currently set with "Virtual Locations/Inter-company transit"
  • but cannot be set with "WH_B/Stock" (this location is not listed in the contact detail if the contact should be seen by Company_A)

That means we cannot trigger the rules to have the product reach the Company_B/WH_B/Stock direcly.

So I tried to setup the first route with only 1 rule :

• Action : Pull From
  • operation Type : Internal transfers
  • Source : WH_A/Stock
  • Destination : Virtual Locations/Inter-company transit
  • Supply : Take From Stock

But when trying to propagate the rule to Company_B, there is a warning because the some rules>routes belongs to Company_A and others belongs to Company_B.

So right now with this rule the products ends in "Virtual Locations/Inter-company transit" but then I need to manually generate a transfer to make them arrive in Company_B/WH_B/Stock

Any idea how to setup this correctly to avoid that manual addition ?

regards,

Discard

Hi Cired
Have you found any solution?
Regards,
Hamid

solution?

did you found a solution? thanks

Best Answer

In concept and theory it is possible to exclude the manual receipt step in Com_B

In company A set the delivery route (believe this is already done)

Pull from Com_A/stock 

Destination Inter-company transit tOperation- delivery order (Com_A)

To have this route trigger from sale order of Com_A, set the customer location as inter-company transit. 

Maybe create a new location with type transit specifically for this process.

In Com_B create a route

Push from inter-company transit

To Com_B/stock 

Operation - receipt (Com_B)Manual step option

The practicality and limitations would need to be tested.

1. Return operations from receipt wouldn’t be possible as the push rule would end up creating another receipt operation back from inter-company to Com_B stock.
An alternative return route is defined

2. not sure if the Delivery order and SO in Com_A would be updated for returns

3. With multiple customer deliveries to inter-company transit not sure if the push route creates and propagates to a single receipt operation or multiple operations with receipt operation having customer (receive from) populated

This is critical as Com_B would need to assign ownership to the products received to be treated as consignee stock

4. Consumption/ delivery out of Com_B. Guess this process remains unchanged as it is currently.. manual delivery order or if sold, a PO for customer 

5. Reporting - Com_A might not be able to report on products in customer location as these products get moved to another location.

Not sure if this helps with some ideas and thoughts!

Discard
Author Best Answer

Sorry I did not find any solution to this, and finally gave up.
I also did not try with latest Odoo versions, it could have evolved since then.
I'm still interested if anyone has a solution / workaround for this case!

Discard