This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi everyone,

Anyone managed to do zapier addon for OpenERP 7?

https://zapier.com/zapbook/openerp/zapier/

I tried to contact them before and they said based on enough votes. And we can build own openerp addon to zapier. I hope I can build one zapier addon, but still inexperience with OpenERP 7 yet.

Any help? Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

I have also been interested in this, but haven't had time to checkout what would be required. I did suspect that it could become expensive to use, but that might be easy to justify in some circumstances.

I've published a tool from which you are welcome to cut'n paste code to get going quickly. Google Spreadsheets to OpenERP Data Pump.

. . of course that'd mean you'd be obliged to publish your Zapier connector (evilgrin)

but still inexperience with OpenERP 7 yet

In that case, even just these might help you out -- Google Spreadsheets to OpenERP Data Pump - Supplementary Documentation

Discard
Author

Hi Martin, thanks so much :) Well if I can do that connector, I am okay to share :) that makes this community stronger :)

Feel free to ask me for help. I can't take time to do much work on the connector but I'd be delighted to help where I can.

Author

Thanks Martin :) How could I reach you? by email or here?

see my profile

Best Answer

Hey guys! Zapier co-founder here, thanks for starting a discussion about this, we didn't even know a cool community like this existed for OpenERP!

We're still kind of testing the waters for what kind of reception OpenERP would bring, and we're really curious about what sorts of things users want to connect with OpenERP and Zapier.

Of course, I am more than happy to field requests, or, if we have a large response it might spur us to do this integration in-house!

Discard
Best Answer

What exactly do you want to do with Zapier? Update a project when you create a ticket on another system? Notify you when a invoice is created?

I think the problem is that you can do too much with openerp api.. basically the xml-rpc can do anything on the system a user can do so it depends on what modules you have enabled, so it would be easier to write your own integration than wait for Zapier to create a limited, simplified version which would only be useful in a few cases.

Discard