Odoo Help

YEAR COMPUTATION

By
louie
on 1/25/15, 7:46 PM 579 views

IS IT POSSIBLE TO TO SUBTRACT THE YEAR. IF SO WHAT CODE IM GOING TO USE. DO I NEED TO USE THE FIELDS.DATE OR FIELDS THAT INTEGER? TAKE NOTE I NEED ONLY TO SUBTRACT THE YEARNOW - YEAREFFECT. YEAR EFFECT IS FIELDS TO BE INPUT.

louie
On 2/1/15, 11:56 PM

hi baiju, actually im newbie for the openerp. kindly provide the sample code? because i dont have idea what code im gonna input. anyway. here's the output that i want to see.     yearnow-yeareffect. EX. 2015-2000. the yeareffect that is field to be input. thanks advance.

Baiju KS

--Baiju KS--
| 5 5 8
Kochi, India
--Baiju KS--
ODOO technical

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

Baiju KS
On 1/25/15, 11:20 PM

Hi Louie,

You can do that in many ways. I can give you a simple way. In this you have to choose your YEAREFFECT field as integer(in format "yyyy", ie '2015')

in code its like:-

'yeareffect' : fields.integer('Year Effect'),

Then at calculation part you can use like this:-

yearnow = int(time.strftime("%Y"))

then you have get the value in yeareffect field

diff =  value_yeareffect - yearnow

For this you have to import time

This is a simple way, You can do it in many other ways, for that you have mention more details about your requirement, This is from what i understood form your brief description. please let me know if this solves the problem.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/25/15, 7:46 PM
Seen: 579 times
Last updated: 3/28/15, 3:13 AM