XmlHttpRequestError

Closed
Cameron

The question has been closed for reason: not a real question

by
Nicolas Bessi
on 02/27/2013 08:17:08

Following a telling off! Edit

We only seem to notice it when using our static IP address, haven't yet seen the problem when using the local network.

I have seen on the internet a possible solution by changing the time out delay

link text

Solution is to add configuration line “proxy_read_timeout 300;” (300 stands for seconds) somewhere after first string “location” in “/etc/nginx/sites-available/openerp” file

Could some advise me what the V7 file equivalent is?

Kind regards

4 Comments
Discard
Yaroslav
-

It's so hard for you to do a quick search on you prefered search engine?

Cameron
-

Done a little research, appears it might be a time out issue, I can fix it in v6.1 any ideas for v7

Cameron
-

My apologies"Yaroslav " I post the question for reference. :(

Yaroslav
-

Don't worry, no need to apologize. Just read the FAQ's and you will see that your question does not follows the basic guidelines on how to ask a question. Before asking be sure to have done extensive research both on the web and this site. If haven't found answer, ask

2 Answers
Cameron
Best Answer

Have improved the issue! As thought it was a broadband upload bandwidth issue - trying to access Openerp across the internet causing time out errors.

I now have broadband beamed in (FTTM) = solution (and cheaper) = Partial Result!

Discard
Best Answer

This is a pretty common AJAX error. You can find documentation about it anywhere over the Web.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8866761/xmlhttprequest-error

2 Comments
Discard
Cameron
-

Many thanks for the response, but for a "common man" like myself. What do I do?

Well there's nothing specific to do; you asked what it meant, I tried to answer. I suppose you encountered this issue at some point, using OpenERP, but I don't know where or how, so I'm affraid I can't help more than that ;)