Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

xml-rpc update multiple objects with one call

Michael Wittwer
on 5/3/14, 12:35 PM 1,119 views

I am implementing a REST api on top of openErp using xml-rpc, to boost performance I would like to update multiple objects with one xml-rpc call. I successfully implemented the update call for a single object:

params (Object[]):
- databaseName
- sessionId
- username
- object_name
- write
- args -> Object[]{id, fieldValues(Map<String, Object)>)

this works like expected, but now i would like to update multiple objects with one call so i thought i could just change the args to:

Object[]{Object[] ids, Object[] fieldValues), every item of fieldValue would be of type Map<String, Object>

where key is always the openErp field name and value the actual value to update.

But this call will throw an exception like:

org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: 'list' object has no attribute 'copy'

Hassan Moulana
On 1/18/15, 9:11 AM

Hello Micheal Wittwer,

Did you get any update 

Can you answer my question 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/3/14, 12:35 PM
Seen: 1119 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM