This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi folks,

I am looking for information on wysiwyg editors for version 7 forms. When working with version 6 we had to develop our own widget for wysiwyg text editing on our email module and I am hoping to avoid doing the same now that we are converting all our work to version 7.

Now, I've been ploughing through the online demo for inspiration for our screen layout and I came across a wysiwyg text box that would just about fulfil our needs.

On the online demo, go to:

Project -> Tasks -> Edit a Task.

On this form view the description field has a proper text editor. I would like to use this in a number of places within our own system. So, I went off and looked at the project module within the OpenERP addons trunk. The behaviour of the online demo does not match the behaviour of the module within the code repository. Fair enough I thought, I'd just look in other modules to see what modifies the project task view.

Well, I've hit a wall. I cannot find anything within the standard OpenERP addons trunk that adds the WSIWYG editor to project tasks.

From some further investigation it looks as if OpenERP are using a 3rd party app from Elico Corp. Elico originally released a wysiwyg widget for version 6.1 but I can't find a version 7 alternative and, to be honest, I'd rather use an officially supported widget from OpenERP.

If anyone knows a decent way to get a wysiwyg editor working in version 7 I'd love to know.

Many thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

two solutions:

use <field name="xxx" widget="html"/> to get wysiwyg, or
use the pad module to have collaborative wysiwyg

The latter solution requires an etherpad server, example in project_pad module

Discard
Author

Fantastic, thank you very much for the quick responses!

The standard html widget, whilst quite limited in functionality, is a good place for us to start. Etherpad looks great but reliance on an Etherpad server means its a no-go for us as some of our customers have OpenERP sitting within a closed network so it wouldn't work. However, as it is open source we might look at customising it and removing the collaboration features as they aren't needed.

Thanks again folks!

Best Answer

It looks like the pad module which adds EtherPad support

Discard